en

Cody Latimer Color Rush Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
laiyongcai92
laiyongcai92 Oct 11

The NFL has suspended Cowboys defensive tackle David Irving the first four games of the season for violation of the league’s substance abuse policy.

Irving sat out the first four games last season for violation of the league’s performance-enhancing substances policy. It marks the fifth consecutive season the Cowboys will begin the year with a defensive starter suspended. DeMarcus Lawrence Justin Abdelkader Jersey , Orlando Scandrick, Rolando McClain, Greg Hardy and Randy Gregory also have served suspensions since 2014.

Unless Irving wins his appeal, the first game he is eligible to play is October 7 at Houston.

Irving signed a one-year, $2.91 million tender as a restricted free agent.

He missed most of the team’s offseason program while attending to his off-field problems, including a custody battle with his ex-girlfriend, who made and recanted domestic violence claims.

鈥淚’ve been through a lot Vikings Cheap Jerseys ,鈥?Irving said Thursday. 鈥淚’ve seen the light at the end of the tunnel. I got my daughter. It’s just me and her. That means it’s no stress really. Have a good relaxing day with the person that loves me the most, the person I love the most. It鈥檚 going to be good.”

It’s not often that a report emerges of an NFL player under contract with one team talking to an owner of another team about playing for that other team. On those rare occasions, alarm bells should ring at 345 Park Avenue.

The tampering policy has specific rules that apply in a case like this. Last cited when then-Vikings running back Adrian Peterson reportedly told Cowboys owner Jerry Jones that Peterson would like to play for the Cowboys at some point, the tampering policy requires the owner of the other team to immediately end the conversation and to report the comment to the owner that has the player under contract.

Although the NFL rarely makes an issue out of potential tampering violations, the report that Seahawks safety Earl Thomas communicated directly with Raiders owner Mark Davis about playing in Oakland prompted a walk-back report, from Michael Gehlken of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

“Person familiar with conversation had different account,” Gehlken wrote Tuesday night on Twitter. “Earl Thomas Cody Latimer Color Rush Jersey , Mark Davis recently exchanged pleasantries in Las Vegas. Someone asked Thomas if holding out. Thomas responded in jest: ‘Why? You guys coming to get me?’ Regardless, Raiders an unlikely fit for his services.”

Whether the Raiders are a fit is irrelevant to whether Thomas said enough to trigger an obligation by Davis to call Seahawks owner Paul Allen and inform him that one of his players has communicated with Davis about playing for the Raiders. Ergo (that’s a word that doesn’t get used nearly enough) the follow-up report that slams the brakes on the idea that Thomas made a Shark Tank-style pitch to Davis, regardless of whether Davis was receptive.

Moving forward, this one probably will die. Unless, for some reason, the NFL decides to break from its habit of looking the other way when evidence of potential tampering is hiding in plain view.