en

m, itself a possible breach of FIFAs code of ethics.It | Forum

OW Debug - Notice
Message: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls
File: /homepages/26/d585359787/htdocs/oxwall/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php
Line: 78
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Sep 8
Martin Kaymer cooled off from his record-setting pace on Saturday. Justice Hill Womens Jersey . He missed a few fairways, putted off a green and made a handful of bogeys. He even took an unplayable before shooting 72. At times, it looked as if the wheels were coming off. At the end of the day, the soft-spoken Germans lead is only one less than when he started. Clearly, he is in control of this U.S. Open. "Two over par is not as bad as it looks on the scorecard," Kaymer said of his score that came on a day when just two players found red figures. After missing just three fairways all day, he missed that many in the first five holes. One errant drive found a nest of pine straw from which he was forced to take a drop and ended up sinking an 18-foot putt for bogey, his second in four holes. Another drive ended up in the native area and, after NBC announcer Roger Maltbie told viewers Kaymer would have almost no shot, he put it to five feet and made eagle. His lone birdie of the day came on the final hole. After watching Kaymer cruise over the first 36 holes, the United States Golf Association clearly didnt want to have to re-write the record books anymore and so the pins were tucked in some near-diabolical spots and the greens rolled firm. Only Rickie Fowler and Erik Compton managed sub-par rounds, both 67s. Fowler knows that reeling in the leader will be a near-impossible task; however hell still put the ball in the ground on Sunday. Crazy things seem to happen in majors. "I can put myself in contention with the rest of the group, and see what Martin does," he stated. "If he goes out and posts double digits, its going to be impossible for us to catch him. Its like a second tournament going on. See what Martin does. Hes obviously on top of his game and playing well." Comptons spot is all the more remarkable considering he is playing with his third heart. The player who won the Order of Merit on the Canadian Tour back in 2004 has undergone two transplants, the last one in 2008. "I think its very special," said Compton of his position. "Im just happy to be able to play golf. But to play at this high level and in such a big tournament, it is something that I carry with me." They are the closest to Kaymer although it must seem a long way back with just 18 holes to go. Playing catch-up on this golf course, with this difficulty is not easy. Now it is up to Kaymer to finish things off. "Im looking forward to see how I feel, how I react to certain situations," he said. "Anything can happen. I can lead by seven or eight shots after nine holes. I can be down to all-square. So it will be an exciting round. For me, personally, it will be interesting how I handle it." A win would push Kaymer back into elite territory. The group of people who have won a major is small enough, but the multiple major winners club is even more exclusive. After his first major, Kaymer spent years re-building his swing for moments such as these. Sunday he will get a chance to see if it will hold up under the toughest test in the game. Joe Flacco Ravens Jersey . "This is my city," the Toronto native said upon his arrival Wednesday night. And the 35-year-old former league MVP says he is hoping to making 2014 a memorable year. Jonathan Ogden Ravens Jersey . Last year, Islanders forward Colin Mcdonald released a "Do It For Colin" campaign to promote his teammate and friend John Tavares for the EA sports honour:The most popular sports voting video ever has to go to Chris Bosh who showcased his comedic abilities in his effort to get fans to vote him into the 2008 All Star Game:You can vote for TJ and other star players for the NHL 15 cover vote here.GENEVA - Two would-be FIFA presidents stepped up campaigning on Friday after nominations closed to challenge Sepp Blatter for the most powerful job in world football.Luis Figo identified the five national federations that formally nominated him, and FIFA Vice-President Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan pledged not to dodge my responsibility if elected to lead the scandal-hit governing body.Portugal great Figo said in a statement he received the endorsement of Denmark, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, and Poland.He was also backed by his own national federation before the entry deadline on Thursday.Figo joined Dutch federation president Michael van Praag in having nominations only from Europe, where opposition to Blatter is focused.Blatter, who has headed FIFA for 17 years, has not said which five of FIFAs 209 members nominated him for the May 29 election.The 42-year-old Figo has little track record in football politics, and was a surprise entry this week.It has been a great start — my thanks to everyone concerned, the former Barcelona and Real Madid playmaker said.I would like to thank my colleagues and friends from the nominating FAs and across the global football family who have already given their backing to my campaign, and sent messages encouraging me in this mission.Blatter is strongly favoured to win a fifth presidential term from members who show little desire for change, despite bribery and election scandals implicating several of his colleagues on the ruling executive committee.On the 78-year-old Blatters watch, the World Cup has been a huge commercial success. FIFA has built a $1.5 billion cash reserve, and distributed around $200 million from 2014 World Cup profits in bonus payments to federations and continental confederations.UEFA is the only one of FIFAs six continenntal bodies actively campaigning against Blatter. Justin Tucker Youth Jersey. .Van Praag named the five European associations nominating him, at his campaign launch on Wednesday: Belgium, the Faeroe Islands, Romania, Scotland and Sweden.England has said it is formally backing Prince Ali, the FIFA vice-president for Asia who shapes as the only non-European in the contest.Prince Ali issued a statement on Friday saying he was prepared to accept accountability at all times.I will not attempt to shift blame or dodge my responsibility for the actions of FIFA, said the 39-year-old prince, who is president of Jordans FA.Prince Ali said he plans a news conference next week in London, and to spend time meeting federation leaders and hearing from football stakeholders before publishing his manifesto.This approach to my election campaign reflects my approach to the FIFA presidency — honest, open and collegiate, he said.Prince Alis campaign also has European roots. He has been encouraged to run by UEFA President Michel Platini, and his statement on Friday was issued by consultants also retained by UEFA.Former FIFA official Jerome Champagne, a longtime Blatter ally from France, also sought to enter the race, though he has not confirmed if he submitted nomination papers.Former France player David Ginola said Friday he failed to secure the required nominations, ending a short-lived and largely shambolic campaign. Ginola was paid 250,000 pounds ($380,000) to run by a sponsoring betting firm, itself a possible breach of FIFAs code of ethics.It could be two weeks before the official field of candidates is confirmed.FIFA has created an election oversight panel, led by its audit committee chairman Domenico Scala, which will validate nomination papers and receive vetting reports from FIFAs ethics committee. ' ' '