en

, rather than a discussion of his tactics at Southampton.I | Forum

OW Debug - Notice
Message: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls
File: /homepages/26/d585359787/htdocs/oxwall/ow_libraries/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compilebase.php
Line: 78
Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Aug 12
VANCOUVER - Aaron Sanchez is preparing for the 2015 season as if hes going to be in the Toronto Blue Jays starting rotation on opening day. Yeezy Boost 700 Mauve Canada .But if the hard-throwing 22-year-old is needed in the bullpen, hes willing to take on that task as well.Im getting in shape to make 35 starts this year, Sanchez said Friday. If that changes theyll let me know, but my mentality right now is going into spring training as a starter.Toronto made a splash in the off-season by adding Canadian catcher Russell Martin and third baseman Josh Donaldson to an already potent lineup. However the strength and depth of the bullpen remains the biggest question mark moving forward.The Blue Jays are without a proven closer at the moment after parting ways with Casey Janssen, and Sanchezs name has been tossed around as a possible internal replacement.I try and stay away from that in the off-season, said Sanchez. Theyre going to make the decision theyre going to make. Im here to do whatever it takes. This team has a chance to win a lot of ball games.If me pitching at the back end of the bullpen makes this team win more games then thats what Im going to do.Starting was what the native of Barstow, Calif., had done for most of his career up until last season when the Blue Jays called him up from triple-A and used him as a reliever for each of his 33 big league innings.The six-foot-four, 200-pound Sanchez finished 2014 with a 2-2 record to go along with a 1.09 earned-run average in 24 games, including three saves.As the Blue Jays winter tour rolled into Vancouver on Friday, Toronto starter Marcus Stroman said hes confident his friend and roommate will turn heads regardless.Whichever it is I feel like hes going to dominate. He can do both, said Stroman. Were just going to see how it plays out, but hes more than capable of closing or starting.Whatever the case may be I think were going to put together the best team possible.As it stands now, the Blue Jays rotation includes veterans R.A. Dickey and Mark Buehrle, as well as Stroman, Drew Hutchison — who was also in Vancouver on the winter tour — and either Sanchez or Daniel Norris.Martin met Sanchez, Stroman and Hutchison for the first time since signing as a free agent in November and is eager to get to work with the entire pitching staff.I think were kind of used to picking the weaknesses of a team, and I dont even know if (the bullpen) is a weakness at this point, said Martin, who was born in Toronto and grew up in Chelsea, Que. There hasnt been one game played this year. Theres years where you go into a season and you think you have a weakness and it ends up being a strength.With the bullpen you never know. Bullpens are tricky. It just takes a couple guys to click.While its clear Sanchez would prefer to start, hes also just happy to do his part in what will hopefully be his first full season in the majors.This is what Ive always wanted to do. You dont really have time to take a step back and look at it, he said. Its unbelievable to be here at such a young age contributing to one of the best lineups in baseball. Its surreal.Note: Blue Jays president and CEO Paul Beeston was at Fridays event, but did not speak to the media. Rumours have circulated in recent weeks that the club is looking to replace the 69-year-old with Baltimore Orioles executive vice-president Dan Duquette.Follow @JClipperton_CP on Twitter. Yeezy Powerphase Canada . Damyean Dotson, 19, Dominic Artis, 19 and Brandon Austin, 18, were suspended after the school received a police report concerning allegations made by a student who said she was assaulted by the players in early March. Yeezy Boost 750 Canada .  City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender.  Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play.LONDON - Job done, Jose.In a classic diversionary tactic, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has successfully shifted the Premier League agenda onto the campaign by referees — in his mind at least — against his players.With the conveyer belt of Premier League controversies stopping again at players who dive, few are discussing Chelseas comparative struggles on the road in the Premier League.Although its nine wins out of nine at Stamford Bridge, Sundays 1-1 stalemate at Southampton was Chelseas fourth away draw — as many as the entire 2013-14 season when Mourinhos homecoming ended in third place.Chelsea does head into the second half of the season at the Premier League summit. But the lead is flimsier than some pundits anticipated when imprudently issuing premature predictions a month ago that the Blues would run away with the title without losing — just before they did just that at Newcastle.Mourinho wont tolerate another season without a trophy. Perhaps owner Roman Abramovich will also grow restless again with the Special One.So an enemy appears useful for Mourinho to create a siege mentality at Chelsea: Its us against the world, or referees at least.What set Mourinho off this time? Referee Anthony Taylor booked Cesc Fabregas for simulation when the midfielder went down in the penalty area after being caught by Southamptons Matt Targett. It came weeks after Chelseas Diego Costa and Willian were booked for apparently diving in a win against Hull, whose manager Steve Bruce drew comparisons with the London club and Swan Lake.There is a clear campaign against Chelsea, Mourinho grumbled on Sunday, believing Taylor was influenced by the previous simulation sanctions.Expanding on Fabregas booking, Mourinho said: In other countries where I worked before, tomorrow in the sports papers it would be a front-page scandal because it is a scandal.It was very different in April 2013 when Mourinhos reign as Real Madrid coach was ending in acrimony and he openly flirted with Chelsea just before sealing his return.I know in England Im loved, the Portuguese said in Spain after another Champions League campaign ended prematurely. Im loved by the media that treats me in a fair way, criticizing me but giving me credit when I deserve it.I know Im loved by some clubs, especially one (Chelsea). And in Spain, the situation is a bit different because some people hate me. NMD Canada Sale. Many of you are in this room.Now the fights are being picked again in England — with referees.When its convenient he is their arch advocate, though.In August 2013 — at the start of his second spell at Chelsea — Mourinho lavished praise on English referees, people who love the game and who love to communicate following the teams UEFA Super Cup loss to Bayern Munich so as to make his case against a Swedish official seem less vindictive.Jonas Eriksson is still officiating — unlike compatriot Anders Frisk who retired after receiving death threats from Chelsea fans in 2005. Mourinho had accused the Barcelona coach of trying to influence referee Frisk during halftime of a Champions League game. Along with a touchline ban, Mourinho was accused by UEFA of being the enemy of football.Mourinho has mellowed slightly. While lambasting Taylors big mistake at Southampton, the denunciation was followed by an insistence the referee is a good guy, an honest guy.If the outcome is referees become wary now of booking Chelsea players for tumbling in the penalty area, and more likely to award penalties instead, Mourinho will undoubtedly deem his outburst a success.If only referees could defend themselves, with the lifting of the Premier League vow of silence.Perhaps it would serve a higher purpose for the referee to attend a press conference with his supervisor alongside him, former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson wrote in his recent autobiography, which complains on the next page how he lost European matches against Mourinhos teams not because of performance of the players but because of the referee.In deploying diversionary tactics, Mourinho has learnt from the master. However, while Fergusons rants were laced with vitriol, Mourinhos outbursts seem far more calculated and entertaining.And it was his tantrum being constantly replayed on television on Monday in England, rather than a discussion of his tactics at Southampton.It may backfire on Mourinho. Despite Taylors clear mistake in penalizing Fabregas, the sympathies outside Chelsea could well be with the maligned officials — particularly in the refereeing community.___Rob Harris can be followed at www.twitter.com/RobHarris ' ' '